Tuesday, August 28, 2018

Grocery Bags




I like my grocery bags heavy.  The heavier the better.  I take my own bags to the store and they can handle being overloaded.  Also this cuts down on the trips between car and house.
Because I have white hair and wrinkles, I think the clerks think I can't handle the weight
But I am strong and I consider carrying heavy bags to be a good workout.
I have recently learned that not all folks of a "certain age" like heavy bags, so I am wondering how you feel about this issue?

Written by Jess Sue Kerchenfaut


By: Kirsten Hartman

2 comments:

  1. I live on a hillside in the foothills west of Fort Collins. The garage is below the house so I know what you mean about minimizing trips carting groceries from the car. Nice strong cloth bags with straps or handles work great for heavy loads. My problem is when I forget the bags and, out of habit, have them load up the paper sacks. It is one thing to drop stuff on the kitchen floor on your way in from an attached garage and quite another to lose a load along the pathway up to the house.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That helps me appreciate heavy bags.And to add to my "exercise through home chores" regime, in my tri-level house, groceries have to be carried up 13 steps from the garage to the kitchen. Every time I do it, I thank the gods of conditioning that I remain able to do it, that I have ample resources to buy nice food, and that we bought a house with a built in 'stairstepper".

    ReplyDelete