Saturday, January 25, 2020

Maggie Reminds Me


The other day as I watched my older dog, Maggie, stretch, I was reminded of how similar we are! This is particularly true when she slowly stands up from a long nap. First she looks around to orient herself. Then the tentative first few steps are taken. Next comes the long stretch that we all call Downward Dog in yoga. At this point Maggie is ready for the next adventures!

Yes, on some days the above description could be me in the early morning as I get out of bed. I gingerly take my first steps as I check out all my body limbs. And soon I am ready for the adventures of the day.



By: Kirsten Hartman

1 comment:

  1. An excellent comparison of how we face each new day, first tentatively testing our ability to move without losing balance or tweaking an ache or pain somewhere. I watch my Scottish Terrier ease into action and wish I could start moving as fast as she does. But like me, she also loves having her back and shoulders massaged, so I know how she really feels.

    ReplyDelete