Thursday, March 12, 2020

Is there a medically approved time frame when you can legally claim you are cancer free? I'm going on three years, it was my cancer so I think I'm  formally declaring
myself CANCER FREE  AND A SURVIVOR.  I will have to try and remember to tell my Oncologist so they can change their guidelines.
To be more accurate I'm physically free but mentally and emotionally burdened by its aftermath. I find myself living in six month increments,  from CT scan to CT scan.

A friend suggested I begin a dialogue with it, yea well easier said than done. It did make me start to think can you have a truce, a working relationship, a cease fire. If so, how do waring factions come to that cease fire? Smoke filled, oak panelled,  dark velvet draped floor to ceiling windows ( way way too many WW 2 movies), filled with cigar smoking, testosterone, ego driven, yea you got it, men.  Love, love, love them to death, but maybe not in this scenario.

My first step to reframe this cease fire is to surround myself with positive, joyful, and engaging wise women friends who help feed, and maintain a woman's instinct for peace of soul.

By: Mike

No comments:

Post a Comment