Tuesday, March 24, 2020

This isolation business is for mass murderers on death row, not the general population  (gosh that is sounding like a prison isn't it). I'm finding I'm better off if I have structure to my day. I finally decided a first step towards normalizing this predicament was to get dressed every day, that seems to put a new light on things, although I haven't given up my slippers. I do wish I had a few to choose from but alas when isolation began to make sense I only had a five year old pair, how embarrassing!  Speaking of five year spans, some freezer contents fell under the slipper situation. The upshot of that was my freezer got cleaned out and organized. This definitely added to the structure of one day.  Connecting with friends and relatives (I know they should fall under the same category,  but you know how that goes) has taken a place in my "structure", to the point that my cell (my only phone) has begun to run out of juice by 3 ish, which calls for a recharge.  This gives me reluctant time to check one more closet for dust, out dated clothes, games with pieces missing, 4 inch heels that would send me to an orthopedic Dr. almost immediately and did I mention dust. Add in a walk outside and there goes your day.  Oh, and just to keep the adrenaline at fever pitch, a good hour of cable news does the trick.  Binge watching Game of Thrones and The Newsroom (HBO if you are interested) usually tops off my day. That doesn't bode well for a good night's sleep, but , oh well, I don't really have any place to go right now. By: Mike

1 comment: