Tuesday, June 9, 2020

We Need Our Grandmothers

What strange times we’re in.  In my home in Fort Collins I feel like I’m in a little bubble surrounded by turmoil and pain.  Yes, I pay attention, but I feel so protected from the direct pain suffered by people who have lost their jobs and income, people who have to put themselves in danger just to support themselves, and people who live under the threat of violence and discrimination every day.  A friend sent me a video the other day of a poem that highlights a commonality of grandmothers.  I am not a grandmother, but I would love to be and grandmothers have had a distinct influence on my life.  The poem made me feel a little better about the world, and the influence we can have on it as older people who share our love and experience with others.

From Sue Ballou
By: Bonnie Shetler

No comments:

Post a Comment