Sunday, March 21, 2021

 A little over a year ago, we were told to stay at home and hunker down as this novel virus invaded our community. It was and still is a time of uncertainty and worry. Very soon I realized that the companionship of my wonderful dog was not the same as seeing my friends and family regularly. Then a friend discovered Zoom and suggested that four of us meet for “breakfast” on a Monday morning to start our week off on a positive note. The first time we met (online, of course), and I saw their faces I was so happy. I could feel my mood lift and a little more light enter into my life.  

We have been meeting regularly on Monday for breakfast to discuss big things and small things and just see each other. It has helped me stay sane. An added bonus has evolved as we realized how Zoom could help others ease any sense of isolation and loneliness. PAFC is now into its third Zoom project connecting people to other people and to activities and interests that are now online. My participation in these projects has allowed me to remain engaged with and contributing to my community.


Zoom has actually enabled me to connect more often with those I care about. I hope when things are back to normal we will still meet for a weekly breakfast. 


Contributor:  Cherrie Thornton

By: Bonnie Shetler

1 comment:

  1. Zoom has given my husband and I a way to stay in touch monthly with his out of town family members. We have a show and tell every time also, anything from a decoration, to a picture, to zoom inclusion of pets!

    ReplyDelete