Friday, January 21, 2022

Pick Up Fiasco

 Needing some items from the hardware store, I decided to try "PICK UP" method and avoid interacting with people. I found the items easily online,  and was able to order them.  Soon I received a notification that the order was  ready for pickup. So, off I went with a paper copy of my code to get into my locker as well as the notices on my phone. I found the locker and then proceeded to follow the steps on the screen to enter the pickup locker code. OH NO. The locker did not open...looking around, a worker from the store came to help me.  He tried to re-enter the code to no avail. He notified another worker and suddenly there were 3 people now trying to open the locker. One of those workers directed me to go into the store. While at the counter, the first worker came rushing in and handed me my items.  Now I had interacted closely with at least 4 people in my effort to pick up some items and not see anyone.  Another attempt to be "Covid safe" had failed. Oh well. The good news is that I saved myself the time and effort of wandering around the store looking for things. Hum..I may just try Pick Up again !  




By: Kirsten Hartman

No comments:

Post a Comment