Tuesday, January 8, 2019

Bucket List

Do you have a "bucket list"?  Why?
To me that implies that your daily life is not satisfying and you yearn for things you want to do before you no longer can.
There is a Zen story which rings true for me.  Some young Buddhist monks approached their master
as he was tending his garden.they asked, "Master, if you knew the hour of your death was near, what
would you want to do?"  He smiled and replied, "I am doing it."
So I think that by the time we are considered elderly we should have figured out what brings us joy and contentment. No matter what that is, like the Zen master,  we should be doing it. Check things off
if you do have a list but mostly just aim for making every day full of the things that bring you joy! By: Sue Kerchenfaut

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for this Sue. I agree with you and feel like the words "Bucket List", which I believe came from a movie can be a type of judgement!

    ReplyDelete