Tuesday, November 16, 2021

Goodbye

 




My friend, colleague, and mentor died last Friday. While her health was declining, her mind was clear and so determined to continue writing that her sudden death came as a shocking surprise to those who knew her. For the past 5 years she handled the Graceful Aging blog for PAFC. She edited ("lightly edited" as she would say), organized and, solicited contributions while my job was to post them on the website. She was more than generous with her time to keep the blog alive, healthy, and relevant.    

To read more about Barbara, The Coloadoan, the host of  her weekly Fort Collins history column, has published a tribute to her life.  And she has had her own website where her published books and thoughts about writing are highlighted.

Goodbye my very dear friend. I am saddened by your leaving.  I will miss you but I know that through your writing you are now yourself a part of our city's history.  

By: Bonnie Shetler

No comments:

Post a Comment